Licensed Oregon Property Service Contractor
Effective January 1, 2018, the Oregon legislature amended its labor contracting law to require organizations that employ workers for the purpose of providing janitorial or cleaning services to other parties (i.e., building service contractors, residential cleaning service providers) to:
- Be licensed as a Property Services Contractor by the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI);
- Provide professional training through or approved by BOLI to managers, supervisors and employees on:
- Sexual assault and sexual harassment in the workplace
- Prevention of workplace discrimination
- “Whistleblower” protection afforded to those employees who report a violation of state or federal law by the employer
- Pass a qualifying test designed to test applicant’s ability, knowledge, and proficiency to conduct business as a labor contractor, including a test of knowledge regarding the employer’s responsibility to prevent sexual assault or sexual harassment
- In addition to Oregon labor contracting law, Property Services Contractor must also understand and comply with state, federal wage and hour and civil rights regulations.
Cutting Edge Window Cleaning Services is proud to be fully compliant with the new law and regulations. Our property service contractor license number is 39848.